Monday 5 February 2018

Presenting our new illustrator Sernur Isik

Here is a lovely interview with one of our new illustrators Sernur Isik! Have a wee read and enjoy her lovely accompanying images! 

Where do you live/work? 

I live in magical Istanbul. Mostly I'm working at home in my studio. But some days I'm going to a co-working place for doing my illustrations.



What do you love about working there? 

I love working in my studio because it's fresh and sunny. The wall just in front of my working desk is full of illustrations, some of them are mine, some of them are gifts from my artist friends. So I feel so peaceful and happy when I'm working there.


What are your dislikes? 

Something I don't like is that sometimes I can works less with the comfort of being at home. 



What do you love most about being an illustrator?

I'm drawing in my home and a child in a country that far far away from me getting a book with my illustrations inside and smiling. This is making us close. I love that the thing that what I draw is universal. So this is what I love most about being an illustrator.


How do you work – what are your techniques?  

First I do sketches, sometimes using my pencils and sketchbook and sometimes I start sketching directly with my digital tablet on my computer. After sketching I do final drawing 
and then start colouring.





What is your favourite thing to draw? 

Bear faces and girl characters.




Are there any tricky parts to being an illustrator? 

People ask me to draw them too often!


What or who are you inspired by?  

I can inspired by from everywhere mostly by the songs, things, children and places I've seen when I'm traveling.





What do you like to do in your spare time when you’re not illustrating? 

When I'm not illustrating, I'm making little sculptures based on my characters with ceramics and clay. Traveling somewhere. Cooking cakes and pasta. Studying Italian.





How did you get into illustration? 

I love drawing, smelling, touching and using all the stationary stuff since my childhood. When I was a kid I decided to be just happy when I grow up. So making illustration is the way of happiness.


What are your three top tips for aspiring illustrators? 

Do illustrations with your heart. Draw often. Know what you want from life.



What’s your ultimate dream? 

I would love to live where is spring all year around. 





2 comments:

  1. Great article on collection of gifts. This article gives an better idea to present a gift for others. I have presented my friend by purchasing nail paints collection from Ylg India. I even suggest for everyone to present these gift packs for your dearest ones. buy nail paint online | Online store to purchase nail care products

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. I found your website by means of Google at the same time as searching for a related subject, your website came up. It seems good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to come back then.
    oil for hairfall Rawalpindi
    oil for hairfall Rawalpindi

    ReplyDelete